This week, we shine a light on the paw-sitive power of the Big Issue pooch. It's superpets – and the vets who change our vendors' lives. From cover star Misty to Sky the staffy to the lovable Lola, we go behind the scenes with the volunteer vets and students giving them (and their owners!) a paw up.
• Happening somewhere only we know (so stick with us to find out!) chart-topping Keane frontman Tom Chaplin is hitting the streets soon on a series of #BigIssueBusk gigs – and in this week's edition candidly discusses the addiction issues that turned his life upside down after being catapulted into overnight fame more than a decade ago.
• In Letter to My Younger Self, comedian Adam Hills talks career advice ('avoid Argentinian restaurants'), using comedy as a way of dealing with nerves and "just talking to that girl on the bus".
• Whether it’s Chelsea winning the league, visiting estranged family, or getting driving lessons – we asked some of our vendors what tops their Christmas list. We want you to speak to your local vendor, spread some Christmas cheer and share their festive hopes with #MyChristmasWish. Post a picture, or a video (with their permission of course!) on social media and spark a conversation this winter.
• Watch out Hollywood! Andrea Riseborough – star of stage and screen and friend of The Big Issue – fights back in the Battle of the Sexes. She tells how she still gets paid one 20th of her male co-stars’ fee, and why she wants to slap director Michael Bay across the chops.
• Since we launched our Big Issue Big Book Giveaway we’ve been inundated with nominees from organisations in desperate need, revealing a disturbing gap in basic provisions. We know literacy can offer a brighter future, so keep ‘em coming. Tells us about a group in your local community that could do with a big box of new books. Email email@example.com to nominate an organisation. Please remember to pass on a postal address.
And lots, lots more.